Friday, April 10, 2009

Good day to all..

I was thinking today about several things, as usual and once again started to get angry... This seems to happen a lot. In most of my life anger has never been a factor and still isn't unless I start thinking about the Government or someone brings it up... As soon as they do then off I go.

Anyhow, I started reading articles about new laws and one that really got me was the new law here in the land of oppression is the NO SMOKING IN YOUR CAR WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT. Now please don't get me wrong. I agree that second hand smoke is not a good thing. Myself being a smoker fully realize how it can affect people and in fact do not even smoke in my own home as I have many non smoking friends and try to take them into consideration.

What really bothers me is the false pretense in which they apply these laws. So lets go back fifty years and think of the advertising we used to see for cigarettes. They were everywhere. Not only were the tobacco companies making a killing but so was the government. Those tax dollars were just flowing in.

Now however it is a different story. The revenue that they bring in is now badly offset by the cost of health care associated with smoking related illness. Ok so in some ways I understand that to

No comments:

Post a Comment